Friday, August 12, 2016

As random as it can get

Typing this while sucking on a melon flavour pocky my parents got from their recent Hokkaido trip, at the same time, witnessing how terrible the breakout on my face is, and that almost 3 layers of fat on my tummy. Not kidding. 

Hi guys it's been a month i know. Honestly speaking, i'm getting a little tired of keeping up with blogging. Either feeling guilty when i don't have the time to update, or feeling stressed out when i don't have much things i can update. I feel like without overseas trips, there's really nothing much i can say here, so occasionally, i go on hiatus. Sorry if this has disappointed some of you, but do know that i'm always still trying all means to come back once in awhile to spice up this site. 

I realise the lesser i let people know about my relationship matters, the lesser gossips there will be, and the happier i will be. Exactly why i decided to backspace a paragraph i typed and continue keeping some matters to myself. I'm comfortable this way. 

------

Not sure if you guys have a splendid memory, but i've mentioned in a post dated last year that i'll have the birth of 3 nephews/nieces this year, remember? 

I think the birth of Kayvius is the most exciting one for my relatives and I. Here's why. 

I have a few nieces (including Olivia) in my Paternal side. And in fact, some of my paternal cousins are pregnant right now, which means MORE nieces/nephews to come.

But my maternal side, we haven't have the 4th generation yet. And apparently i attended Kelly sis wedding during last year's March, and she was the first one among our generation to get married! (And still the only one among us married haha!) 

Last year's christmas, Kelly sis announced that she is 3 months pregnant already, and it got all of us so excited because it's our first 4th gen kid!!! So now you understand how it got all the adults hyped up for this little man's arrival, and how all my maternal aunts can't want to be called Grandaunt!



^ Meet this cheeky little man - Kayvius Lee, when he's only 2 days old!!!


^ And because he was so soft and delicate, so precious and fragile, i had to tie my hair up and sanitize my hands before i can carry this little man. This explains the auntie-motherly look of me carrying him :')


I swear time flies like the fastest for the month of July. It seems like it was only yesterday when i made a trip down Mt Alvernia Hospital to see Kayvius, and BAM, it was already his 1st month baby shower celebration on the 31st of July. 

It was a great sunday nonetheless when everyone gather to bless Kayvius :') 



^ Kelly's Mom, my godma, Kayvius's maternal grandma!














^ Family of good genes




^ This little man still knows how to place his hands on my chin when taking pictures, please don't grow up to be a chivalrous guy!!! haha









^ All Kayvius's Grandaunts reunited!!! My aunt, on the extreme left, even flew back from Melbourne just for Kayvius's 1st month bday! :)


 ^ Their happy family!


^ The 3 sisters, other 2 (Ivy and Jane sis) having their weddings next year :')



^ My dad's always the happiest at such occasions, i love how he can always make everyone laugh, and always make the whole atmosphere so heartwarming :')

PS: speaking of Ivy and Jane sis's weddings, I'M PRETTY EXCITED!!!!


-------

Following the trend by visiting the highly raved Art Science Museum this year!!! It was a great day with my friends and we ended off with an epic and chaotic night at a siamdiu!









------

Met up with Germaine the other day for a meal at Froth and a filling-desserts-time at Cake Spade!




^ I went for the monster milkshake because i've been wanting to try since forever. And it was in the flavour of my favourite thing on earth - matcha, so i was quite excited to try why is everyone raving about this kind of milkshake. But turns out, it tasted like a whole blop of sugar and nothing close to matcha + nothing fancy about this only-look-good milkshake. HOWEVER, the speculoos cake at the right was unexpectedly gooooood! 

Conclusion: CAKE Spade is only good for their cakes. 


------

University life has officially commenced for me. So far so good even though i have a podcast, its proposal, its script, and a 3000 words essay due on 24th August. And afterwhich no break because 3 more essays due by mostly mid September. 

But i haven't regretted this course yet. Keyword though - yet. I'm someone who quite enjoys the feeling of being stressed (by school work). I don't know but it gives me a fulfilling and driven-to-do-well feeling!! Anything apart from programming, I'M FINE! 

Had dinner at Standing Sushi Bar with Vanessa (my uni friend), which we spent a bomb there. The bill came in shockingly $103 dollars for 2 girls. 







------

Happy i'm always able to meet up with my favourite girls quite often. It makes school's stress easier to get by, and life's troubles disappear for that good few hours. I love hanging out with them. 






------

This year's National Day felt nothing like it. I didn't get to see any fireworks be it real-life or on TV, and there just wasn't any vibes at all because i just spent the night over at Jon's cousin's place watching the Olympic games. 

I was quite sad though because i'm someone who LOVES NDP. I love to watch their shows every year, love it better if i have the tickets and go for the show itself. I just love the whole vibe and atmosphere during the National day parade, like the songs the lightings, not just for the fireworks. 

But at least i did something unusual but memorable with my family! 

We had breakfast together at this cafe call Rabbit Carrot Gun! Unusual because most of the time when we have meals together, they aren't breakfast because either of us will be sleeping like a log at home. But memorable because this is the first time 5 of us head out altogether with Winnie!!!! :)

I think winnie might have mistaken that that day was her birthday haha.




^ Guys, don't visit this cafe because this was the worst American breakfast i have ever had in my entire life. I'm serious. Their poached eggs are hard-boiled and not runny, their toasts are as tough as a brick, their breakfast are nothing tasty/fancy, they are just like breakfast i can whip up in seconds by myself at home.........I am warning you now, don't say i did not.




-------

This post isn't a long read, but please make do with it knowing the fact that there really isn't much happenings in my life because i'm busy juggling with my school assignments. 

I'll see you in my next one, this time hoping it wouldn't take more than a month :)