I'm back!
3rd April 2014:
Day 3 was still spent in Edinburgh, Scotland :-)
Decided to fill up the day with some legit exercise because holidays does not necessarily means you should gain weight (i hope i didn't). If you were a long term reader, you should have the slightest clue about my Melbourne trip 1 year back. I mentioned that i visited the Arthurs Seat State Park in Mornington, Australia and that the view was so amazing.
^ These were 2 of the very few pictures, i remember i didn't snap much as the tall trees were literally blocking my pictures :(
So back to the Arthurs Seat topic. I knew there is also an Arthurs Seat Park in Edinburgh, and so i decided to check it out! It is located near the Palace of Holyroodhouse where Queen of Scotland used to stay. But not knowing the palace was open for visitors, it became an impromptu yet fun trip. You know what they always say "Impromptu plans are always the best."
Started the day having breakfast and a hot cup of tea at the cafe in the palace :)
^ It was raining heavily early in the morning
^ A pity they don't allow pictures to be taken inside the rooms of the Palace. But the palace was really beautifully furnished and the whole interior designs looked so elegant and royal-looking. I secretly tried to snap a few pictures but it all turned out blur or slanted, i think this is the only decent one.
^I'm not talking on the phone, it is an audio guide
^ Haha don't you all agree xuan looks like a dwarf here?!?!
After which we headed straight to Arthurs Seat Park because it's just right at the back of the holyrood palace! Started trekking aimlessly because even the map looks too vague for anyone to figure out where the peak is. But after walking for nearly 30 minutes, we found the exact way up to the peak and it's where the crowd's heading too. But guess what, the steepness of the uphill just silently calls me to quit. And yes we gave up halfway.
Don't judge, it's not easy to walk in Dr Martens!
We still wanted to have our sandwiches (lunch) at Arthurs Seat since that was our initial plan. So we settled for a bumpy and rocky bottom that's away from the crowd and just sat there with crows staring at our food.
^ Though we didn't really get to the peak, but i still felt cool because who else would have their lunch at such a place?! ;)
Made our way back down to where we started trekking and decided to locate the National Monument becos xuan had interest in that!
^ Foggy, but this place was not too bad, you get to see everything before and under you :)
^ Worn out boots
Then we just strolled around the area and got ourselves some ice-cream!
^ I got a mixture of 2 flavours, pistachio and banoffee pie which was delicious :)
Decided to do some shopping at the famous and recommended-by-many Princes Street. There was a massive sale in topshop, but there wasn't much to buy. But i finally stepped into Primark and Urban Outfitters for the first time in my entire life. I mean who doesn't know Primark sells cheap and good quality things? And urban outfitters that is a popular brand (like H&M or Zara) in the U.S? But the things in urban outfitters aren't cheap. I still went crazy in both of that stores because i love love love their clothes!
I bought more at urban outfitters though, cos Primark's clothes look rather ordinary. However i still got some dresses and rompers for my cousins there, and alot of pyjamas pants for myself! I think primark's pj pants are sooooooo adorable :)
Actually i'm glad they don't have these stores in singapore, because i dislike having the same clothes with people haha
We reserved table at an Indian restaurant called Mother India Cafe. I searched up what are the good food around the city area and they actually say Glasgow (another city in Scotland) people loves Indian food, and the Mother India Cafe has only one outlet in Edinburgh!
We were so hungry everything tasted heavenly. But the food was cheap, and spicy which i like. Not that bad actually, i didn't regretted going for it :)
^ The dish in the middle is their prawns mixed with some herbs and sauces. IT WAS SUPERB, i kept telling xuan how much i love it!!!! And the one on the bottom right is mushroom rice which tasted not too bad too :)
Headed back to tune hotel thereafter. I crashed in bed after so much walking the whole day.
Oh in case you do not know Haymarket is just one station away from the city (Edinburgh Waverley) which made everything so convenient :)
This is end of Day 3!
Since i am already back, i have been planning dates with my friends just to pass them their gifts and to see their faces which i've been missing.
So first off was my fav bunch on monday. Met those who could turn up for mookata at Upper Thomson. Initial plan was chomp chomp at serangoon but it was monday and most shops would be closed. So we settled for mookata instead! Dinner was ordinary, but the company was extraordinary. Company is all that matters isn't it?
I had a great time with them even though it was just a simple dinner and then chit-chatting at the playground. I am always contented for short dates with them because i know how busy each and everyone of us are. I still appreciate everyone's effort to turn up for all outings. I still love all of them so much even up till now. There's still so much i am thankful for, but more like i am thankful for the fact that they still stayed in my life up till today. Thank you girls and gays, i love you all xx.
^ I got them cookies from the worldwide famous Betty's Cafe Tearoom in York, which i'll blog about it soon!
School has officially started but I don't dread school. I just hate projects, especially programming projects. It's always so difficult to handle and complete, it's just like a fucking pain in the ass.
But i'm still glad i've a bunch of awesome friends in school.
We could walk around laughing at things one another say, and talk about any little random things. We can even chat in our whatsapp group and laugh out loud when the class is still ongoing. It's like there are never-ending topics, never-ending laughter. And all these are what keeps me looking forward to school. So thank you 4 sweeties.
PS: There is Business Communications II for this semester! Our tutor is funny and i enjoy her classes. I remember biz comm I was just as fun last year :)
^ My new favourite watch by marc jacobs right now :) I bought it in Scotland and i loveeeeeee it so much. It's in a dark teal royal colour and it's so unique that i know no one else would own this other than me!
I think you can tell that i am someone who prefer unique things than plain pretty items. It's just wanting to stand out from the majority hahaha
^ My 2 malay classmates, Fidil and Syafiq :) I am starting to like my class haha
Met up with Mike yesterday to pass him the gifts i got him and we had a great chat at starbucks. It was nice to see him again :)
^ I don't know if outsiders would notice that my hair looks like shit now that i am back in this hot island. If you didn't notice, my hair was literally in good condition every single day in the UK!! Good condition doesn't mean softer haha, to me it means that my fringe was better, my curls were surfacing and my hair don't look as flat. But now that i'm back, my hair got flatter, my fringe looks like shit and everything is just so ugly and it's getting on my nerves. I need my good hair days back....
Ok i need to stop whining like a kid hahaha. Anyway the other day Dad told me happily "When was the last time we ever had breakfast at the market like today?" I am glad he's feeling happy for this little things like i do. So i conclude that i am going to make an effort to wake up early every sunday from today onwards to have breakfast with my parents and my bro. (my sis is forever busy)
Alright this sums up my post for today! Stay tuned for my next update on the uk trip :)

