Blogging this from my workplace since I have some free time now.
Compiling my entire Melbourne, Australia trip in one post because this is probably my first trip I didn't bring along/borrow any camera. Mainly because this trip was just to attend my cousin's wedding, and spend loads of quality time with my cousins and family. So there weren't much to go/sightsee like other trips which I thought I would just swipe out my phone when I need to take any pictures.
This trip has been a good relaxation getaway. I didn't have to squeeze lots of sightseeing spots or places-to-go in my 10 full days. I didn't have to set an early alarm, wake up and rush to an attraction. In fact, my body clock wakes me up at 10am or earlier everyday, so it's a sleep-in day everyday there. I didn't have to take out the camera as a first thing to do when I see something picture-worthy.
Everything was just slow-paced while enjoying each little moment. I just do what I want to do and plan what I want to do the day before. This feeling is kinda great.
Have been to most attractions in Melbourne since I go there once in awhile to visit my cousins - hence the little need for sightseeing. Wanted to visit Sydney this time but didn't make it happen so I guess next time!!!
-------
11th May 2017, Thursday:
Touched down in Melbourne Tullamarine Airport in the morning at about 10am, best time to land in a city because then I still have the whole day. Had Pho once I touched down. I realised i always have Pho as my first meal when I touch down in Melbourne (if you read my post back in 2013, it was also Pho when I landed). You won't be surprised to find maaaany vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne because I heard that in the history, many vietnamese refugees fled to Australia due to some government issues.
PS: Weather in Melbourne was perfect, it was 7 degrees to 14 degrees everyday. Most of the time - 12. A sweater/t-shirt with a jacket and jeans is good to go. Love it. Maple leaves (Autumn) are almost everywhere too and it's just so pretty. I didn't even perspired a single drop for my 10 days there haha!
^ Prawn rice paper roll is literally one of my favourite food on earth
Headed home (a.k.a my paternal Uncle's place) to have a quick shower and then to his restaurant for a chat. Thereafter drove to Montrose for dinner with my maternal relatives. Montrose is another suburb in Melbourne so a drive there takes about 45mins to an hour.....
^ Little Kayvius boy is here too!
-------
12th May 2017, Friday:
Drove over to Zukka (my Aunt's cafe) for breakfast and thereafter set off to the city via metro with my cousins!
Went for shopping at South Wharf factory outlet! It was da bomb there as it sells mostly teenagers brands and clothes which suits us perfectly!! I got like 4 bags of buys home and my crazy cousin got 10 or so?
^ Went in during daytime
^ and came out when it's nightfall.
Ended off the night with a barbecue session at Montrose.
-------
13th May 2017, Saturday:
The highlight of this whole trip - Jane sis wedding day!
Woke up early in the morning as the wedding venue is about 2 hours drive from home.
Weather was perfect the entire day with 12 degrees and the scorching sun. The sun helps in easing the cold and some parts of the day i could do without my jacket.
The wedding lunch oversees the whole picturesque and beautiful Yarra Valley and this wedding was a whole new experience from the usual indoor hotel weddings in Singapore.
^ This little girl was so shy back then, now she's so clingy :')
^ My all-time-favourite Olivia, she has grown so much and so fast!!! Now she can speak so well, less cheeky and more mature, very independent and hardly ever needs me anymore :(
^ This steak is super gooood!!!
^ I think the most compliments i ever receive from everyone i know is 'motherly'
-------
14th May 2017, Sunday:
It was mother's day so all of us gathered at Montrose and have the whole day spent eating and chatting with each other. I also spent some time before their big projector TV and watched "13 reasons why"!
^ Our big family shot!! Our first time having everyone gathered in another country together, feels so warmed and loved thou :')
-------
15th May 2017, Monday:
My parents left for New Zealand and i took the metro alone to meet my cousins in the city for brunch! Had a good startoff meal at White Mojo and then walked around Bourke Street thereafter. Ended the whole day with some mala food in Chinatown with Olivia's family!
^ Find this rather cute when Olivia and i are in the same expression and my sis and Elise are in sync of another one
-------
16th May 2017, Tuesday:
It was a really special day this day because my sister made an impromptu decision to head to sydney road and have a look at some wedding gowns. Who knew it became a decisive decision to get it. Her wedding might most likely be held on the 15th of October this year. Know it's kinda rush but the whole excitement is real. At the same time, reluctant as my sister will be married off to another family and it just feels so surreal.
The moment i saw my sister came out in different gowns, i feel this surge of happiness. This touching feeling that my sister have really found the love of her life who she can entrust her whole life with, safely and happily.
^ Brunch at Foxtrot Charlie was super good, one of the best cafes i've been to in Melbourne!
-------
17th May 2017, Wednesday:
Stayed over at Montrose the previous night and set off early at 5.30am for Mt Hotham!
Mt Hotham is really famous for its ski experience and it's one of the few places in Melbourne where you can get to see snow. But it was still autumn so there weren't any snow and ski resorts were closed. But the view was still magnificent after a 4 hours drive with many stopovers.
Autumn trees and leaves along the road were really pretty too. And we had a good picnic in the woods. Not an ordinary picnic, but a picnic where my Uncle waved up his pan and grilled sausages/ham/bacon for us above a portable stove. Brilliant, it was a wonderful day.
-------
18th May 2017, Thursday:
Didn't take any pictures the entire day, but I basically spent my entire day like a blind man. I left my contact lenses solution and spectacles at Montrose during the previous stayover and my Uncle's house didn't have any lens solution.
Shopped at Essendon Factory Outlet after I got my contact lenses from the Optometrist. Shopping there was not my thing because the brands they carry are more high-end and not much for me. But I got some things for Jon because there was a massive sale at Brooks Brothers.
------
19th May 2017, Friday:
Wanted a different shopping experience apart from the usual factory outlets and city shopping, so I looked up the internet on thrift stores in Melbourne! Found 1 at Richmond area so we decided to have brunch there since Bridge Road at Richmond have alot of famous cafes.
Brunch was settled at Touchwood cafe which was alright!
^ Miss teasing the youngest one all day and then laughing at all the lamest inside jokes between us :')
^ This white jeans is my only buy from Essendon Factory Outlet and it only cost $15 bucks!!! Super happy hehe
Anyway we walked down the whole stretch of Bridge Road and chanced upon so many thrift stores and local brand stores where you can get unique and fashionable clothes that you don't get elsewhere!! I love such shopping, like it's just one long stretch of shops with many different Australia brands!
Would definitely recommend Bridge Road's shopping instead of those in the city that can get really boring.
Dinner was settled at Lygon Street to celebrate Kelly Sis's birthday!!!
^ This cheeky boy throws tantrum most of the time in Melbourne because he was not comfortable in a foreign country. But he was so cute and happy the whole day as if he know it is his mother's birthday!!
-------
20th May 2017, Saturday:
Technically my last day in Melbourne because I have to be at the airport the next day at 10am.
Had breakfast at Highpoint Shopping Centre with my cousin and did some last minute shopping for myself and my friends! After which i spent the whole evening and night at my cousin's place with the 2 little kids, Olivia and Elise!
It was a great night to end my whole trip because these 2 are so precious to me.
^ Olivia is a big girl now :( I laughed so hard when she kept crying over Lilo & Stitch, it was just so cute!!!
-------
Back in Singapore on Sunday and back to my daily grind at my workplace on Monday.
Everything's been pretty well lately, i'm pretty contented :')
Hoping this will keep you guys occupied before god knows when is the next update haha! Till then xx.